Thursday 27 January 2011

Crofting and Crafting

These last few day has seen a variety of activities, as well as the usual felt cutting, sewing and sticking I have been chief crofter since Dad has been away.


It is only a small croft with a few hens and several sheep but they all need fed in the morning.  They wait at the house at the top of the hill and we all walk down together.  Tib, the border collie doesn't "do" sheep; they casually wander past her, and sometimes offer the odd head-butt.  She prefers rabbits (never catches them) and will spend hours with her head down the rabbit holes:



I love being out first thing in the morning, it sets me up for the day.



Is there any for me?


I have been doing a little bit of designing new products for spring.  I have used the same bird shape as the felt version of the bird notebook but have appliqued it using floral fabrics to co-ordinate with the felt.

Fabric and felt brid notebooks:


The notebooks have a removable cover and refills can be bought from artists shops, the notebook is made up of plain paper and can be used for sketches or notes.


The fabric birds on the felt close up:




These notebooks have been sent, amongst other felty things to the Newgate Gallery in Surrey for their next exhibition., the Spring Contemporary Craft Collection.  I will hopefully get them on my own website before too long!

I am working on other new notebooks and brooches using the floral fabric and applique, and I will share these with you as soon I am happy with the designs and get some pictures taken!

5 comments:

  1. That's so sweet that they all wait for you so you can walk down together:) lovely notebooks too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments! The hens often go into my parent's house (Mam gives them oatmeal) and the sheep would be in in a minute given half the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Donna....and your sheep are soooo cute! (I love sheep lol!)
    Just came to say hi, and thank you for following me - your blog looks great, I hope to stop by often! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you and hope to see you here often too! Dx

    ReplyDelete